The Institute for Islamic Tradition of Bosniaks
The Institute for Islamic Tradition of Bosniaks is the research institution of the Islamic Community in Bosnia and Herzegovina. The Institute deals with research activities related to the study of written and oral, spiritual and material tradition of Bosniaks as well as the study of the social and cultural reality of Bosniaks. Activities of the Institute are monitored by the Supervising board and Academic advisory council.
The tasks of the Institute are as follows:
- Launching scientific research projects in the field of Bosniak Islamic tradition
- Publishing books, and other publications independently and as co – publishers with other institutions
- Organizing conferences, round table dicussions and lectures
- Improving methodology and expertise in focus areas
- Providing research assistance for local and international researchers in their research projects
- Building up a cooperation network of scientific and expert institutions within the country and abroad
The vision of the Institute is to become, in the following ten years, an acknowledged research institution which serves the academic community as well as the body of knowledge and affirmation of the Bosniaks, especially the Islamic component. Through hard work and results the Institute will strive to gain credibility, legitimacy and reputation both in Bosnia and Herzegovina and abroad.
The Institute deals with following areas of research:
- Concept of Bosniak Islamic tradition
- Publishing of texts which represent the contribution of Bosniaks to Islamic sciences
- Religious practices of Bosniaks
- Demographic processes of Bosniaks
- Genocide – anti-islamic ideology, the destruction of Islamic architecture, Memorialisation of genocide, Islamic understanding of justice and reconciliation
- Bosniaks & encounter with others
Dževada Šuško, PhD
Tel. +387-33-570 310
Elvir Duranović, PhD
Sumeja Ljevaković-Subašić, M.A.
Tel. +387-33-570 312
Hikmet Karčić, M.A.
Tel: +387-33-570 313